Friday, August 19, 2022

Third Poem to a Nymph



This is the final of my three sonnets to a Roman nymph. While I did not plan three such sonnets, I greatly enjoyed writing the first one so much that I decided to add two more. 


                                           As ageless as some things be, 

                                          so is the love found within me, 

                                          if words cannot express what my senses do not allow,  

                                          I pray that music alone be the language for me now. 


                                          A graceful nymph has captured my desire, 

                                         my affection, she has entire, 

                                         her beauty, never rests from my thoughts, 

                                         my admiration, she has bought. 


                                        Let my wooing not be meaningless, 

                                        For truly, let me bear witness. 

                                       Never to my love, need there be revise, 

                                       I adore the nymph of my heart's paradise. 


                                      I pray these poems justice do, 

                                      for the returned love that I desire in you. 


7 comments:

  1. My favorite lines here:

    "Never to my love, need there be revise,
    I adore the nymph of my heart's paradise."

    Beautiful poetry, Joshua. Thank you also for inspiring me today to look up the difference between dryads/nymphs. Turns out, they are one and the same thing. I've always enjoyed Greek mythology, too.

    You are such a skilled writer. I am truly impressed! Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Joshua and thanks for reading it to me! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete