Monday, January 1, 2024

Kings and Crusaders in New Formatting

 



So, over the last several years, I've been typing parts of Kings And Crusaders based on my previous written texts. In many ways, my online version of the book is the most historically accurate version of the Third Crusades, also known as the Kings' Crusade. As someone who has been writing this series of novels since 2010 (and having researched the events even before then), I've continued learning about many aspects of the Crusades and the Medieval world in general. My knowledge of Medieval literature, for example, became far more significant in 2019, the year that I decided to become an English major. While I loved Medieval history for many years, my study of Medieval literature further aided my approach to telling a story set in the Medieval world. 

I do have a title for the first novel, though I will withhold that from the public for now. Of course, I'm the writer saying this, but I'm very pleased with the first novel and while more changes are still necessary, I think that the opening chapters capture the feeling of Crusade literature. 

2024 is a new big year for me. I intend to graduate this year with a bachelor's in English, start seminary, and hopefully, begin the process of publication for at least one other novel that I've been writing. 

Happy New Year! 

2 comments:

  1. The excerpts I have heard evidences your substantial knowledge of the subject.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete

Creative Writing and Publication

Commencement at Liberty University is just around the corner. This year, I will be graduating with a degree in English and Writing. While my...