Thursday, March 19, 2020

Inspirations Used for my Writings

 A lot of people probably don't know this about me, but research I have found to be more tiresome than writing. While I usually enjoy writing, research can be another story.
Back in 2013 I needed entertainment after my hard days work. Around that time, I started watching cartoons in the evenings after writing. Whether it be Ducktails or Tiny Toon Adventures, I have used cartoons over the years to relax me.
 One of the best ways to inspire a writer is to read books. Fof the past year, I have been reading one classic of English Literature after another. https://themedievalist.blogspot.com/ is my new blog addressing English Literature.  Writing is not the only way to becoming a writer, so is reading. Good reads of literature are probably as important as the discipline of writing itself.


We have all have strengths and weaknesses. It is important for us to know our creative talents, and where we are not so creative. Imagination the key to creativity, but so are practice and knowledge. I usually know when a scene or two in my books aren't that great. I also usually know, when I have written a masterpiece. First drafts are rarely perfect. Writers need to work hard, and eat healthy to keep good focus. Stay away from social media, as I find it to kill creativity. Never, never, never, let criticism make you give up. Most of criticism can actually be beneficial, no matter how it was meant.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have found a way to relax through cartoons!. You have such helpful information here, such as eat well and stay away from social media. Thanks for sharing, Joshua.

    ReplyDelete