Tuesday, March 4, 2014

She buildeth her House

 My sister Whitney's book was a sweet well written story. It's a small book. Good for various different ages. The story is somewhat of an autobiography, yet not entirely historically accurate.  The Little House on the Prairie series would be a good comparison to it's flow. The story is well written, but not just well written but capturing. The reader finds in the page hope, discouragement, love, aggravation,  and the close drawing of two girls to one another in hard to wonderful times.
 The book begins with a good story, but I believe becomes particularly important near the end of the book. The story could also be compared to the American girl series. Here are beauties which bloom like flowers, yet freeze like winter's teeth.  A good read for young girls. The story concludes, with a beginning  to the next two books.
 I wanted to write a review for the book, so here it is.

2 comments:

  1. Given your reputation for historical accuracy and your handle on the written word, I am completely honored by this post. You are an encouragement, Joshua, and a man, through God, needed for such a time as this. Your strength and boldness and intellect for Him makes you a strong man---one I'm honored to know. Thank you for always showing me such patience and grace. I love you so much.

    Whitney Ann Dotson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Whitney. I love you also.
    -Joshua

    ReplyDelete

Creative Writing and Publication

Commencement at Liberty University is just around the corner. This year, I will be graduating with a degree in English and Writing. While my...