Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Third Crusade Trilogy

 Also known as Warriors of Christendom Trilogy or Kings and Crusaders Trilogy, my books: Kings and Crusaders, The Storming Rage, and The Final Journey follow the key characters King Richard I of England, Sir Peter de Preaux, and Sultan Saladin of Syria. Others that are significant people in the trilogy that are in one or more of the books include major characters listed  in the following.

   King Guy of Jerusalem
   Emperor Fredrick Barbarossa of Germany
   Princess Berengaria of Navarre{ becomes queen of England upon her loving marriage to Richard I}
   Princess Joan of England{ starts off as queen of Sicily, but loses her power at her husband's death.
   King Philip of  France
   Duke Hugh of Burgundy
   Hospitaller Grand Master Garnier de Nablus
   Templar Grand Master Robert de Sable
   Sir William des Roches
   Baron Conrad of Montferrat of Tyre
   Emperor Isaac Komnenos of Cyprus
   King Henry of Acre{ originally the count of Champagne}
   Queen Isabella of Acre
   Sir Balian d' Ibelin
   Chaplain William of Poitiers{ become the priest of Jaffa}
   Sir William des Preaux
   Prince Al Adil of Syria
   General Muzaffar al-Din Gokbori{ was called the Blue Wolf}
   General Taqi al- Din
   Earl Robert of Leicester
   Duke Leopold of Austria



 There are more soldiers and other than this but I listed the most important people in this post. While direct research has been taken from numerous sources, I must now come to an important announcement, and that is that my trilogy is coming to a close.  My books teach much different views of the crusades than what most modern sources do. While America has apparently had popular interest  in the crusades since the 1970s. I clearly believe there is still a wide audience out there that will read my books. I have been surprised by the success of my blog in other nations, and hope to reach further the European audience.  There is a facebook page called Warriors of Christendom  Trilogy by Joshua Dotson. I invite any people who will read my books to like it.
 One more notice to my readers.  The first draft to The Final Journey is nearly complete. It is so far more than 800 pages. I predict it to be finished within another 100.
 
 

   

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm amazed at your ability to write so much---and not only quantity, but quality! Such a gifted young man, keep using those gifts for Him!

    Love you, my knight <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Blessings. I like when people vocally show support to my books. Thank you for writing so encouraging. Pray that I will continue to serve Him.
    Your friend, Josh Dotson

    ReplyDelete