Monday, March 4, 2024

Last English Class Done

 



I recently finished my last English class, which covered Biblical literature. I also have completed two creative writing classes this semester. For graduation, I need to complete three more creative writing classes. 

I have one last semester left, and then I'm done with my bachelor's of English. This has been a relief in itself, and I expect to feel even more relieved once my degree is finally done. A lot of the reason that I ever majored in English was (1) because I wanted this major to improve me as a writer, (2) to learn about the process of publication, (3) because some of my heroes majored in English, such as J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis, (4) and I love the study of English literature. 

Sometimes, people today make fun of humanities majors, but there has been a lot of research demonstrating that majors in humanities do better than most say. And most importantly, the same college major is not for everyone. Majoring in English has developed my writing skills and advanced my literary knowledge. 

Right now, I'm trying to discern what master's degree I intend to pursue. Since I have some ministry interests, I am conflicted between Biblical Studies, Apologetics, and Theological Studies.  However, I'm also open to continuing studies in either history or English. Please keep me in your prayers, and I ask that you invoke God on my behalf. 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your last english class.And I will continue to keep you in prayer concerning seminary so chiminary so proud of you dad

    ReplyDelete

Last English Class Done

  I recently finished my last English class, which covered Biblical literature. I also have completed two creative writing classes this seme...